HISTORY OF ARTICHOKE
Represented in Greek and Roman art, we find the trace of what is most like artichoke in Antiquity.
However, the artichoke (Cynara Scolymus) - as we know it today - is a perennial plant native to the Mediterranean basin, which originates from a botanical crossing of different species. It is a flower vegetable and a declination of thistle, from a subgroup of the species C. cardunculus.
Appreciated worldwide for its delicious taste and medicinal properties, artichoke is an essential element in cooking and holistic beauty.
What are the Benefits of Artichoke?
The artichoke is rich in antioxidants including vitamin C, fibre, polyphenols and inulin. Its benefits on the body are multiple:
· It can help protect the body from oxidative stress and thus limit certain diseases.
· Artichoke has anti-inflammatory properties.
· Artichoke promotes digestion, improves intestinal comfort and regularity. Chicory inulin maintains a healthy intestinal environment.
· It has diuretic and cholesterol-fighting properties.
Although used rarely in cosmetics, artichoke extract nevertheless demonstrates a number of benefits for the skin:
· Artichoke extract helps to improve the appearance of the skin, fighting against the loss of firmness and elasticity.
· It helps stimulate microcirculation and, in combination with specific massage techniques, it helps reduce the appearance of cellulite and restores tone to the skin.
The Multiple Uses of Artichoke
1. ARTICHOKE INTEGRATED INTO YOUR DIET
Many succulent recipes are available! Grilled artichokes, embellished with a little olive oil and some herbs, are perfect for spring dinners.
Artichoke is perfect in a mixed salad and brings it a unique flavour. You can also steam them and then marinade them in a delicious vinaigrette.
2. ARTICHOKE EXTRACT IN BODY CARE
It is the leaves of this detox superfood that make up our cosmetic extract and offers an improvement in skin problems such as cellulite and the loss of firmness. This extract is found in our body scrub and is used initially to warm and stimulate blood circulation through an adapted massage. Thanks to this exfoliation, the skin is relieved of dead skin and is adjusted to its moisturizer! Finally, it is advised to apply our artichoke massage cream, with a Gua Sha, to instantly improve the elasticity of the skin while restoring firmness.