Products and Services for Personal Use
The products and services described on this website, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you receive from us. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Links
We are not responsible for the content of any off-website pages or any other websites linked to or from the L’Occitane Online website. Links appearing on this website are for convenience only and are not an endorsement by us, our affiliates or our partners of the referenced content, product, service, or supplier. Your linking to or from any off-website pages or other websites is at your own risk. We are in no way responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, off-website pages or any other websites linked to or from the site, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, content, products, or services of such pages and websites, including, without limitation, their privacy policies and terms and conditions. You should carefully review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of all off-website pages and other websites that you visit.
Representations and Warranties and Limitation of Liability
L’Occitane India Private Limited website is presented “As Is”. We make no representations or warranties of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, in connection with these terms and conditions or the site, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose, except to the extent such representations and warranties are not legally excludable.
L’Occitane personal care products are based on natural formulations. Though enormous efforts are made and precautions taken to render the products absolutely safe for human use, it is possible that certain ingredients may cause allergic reactions to certain individuals or adversely affect individuals with pre-existing medical conditions. Please make yourself aware of the ingredients and usage instructions accompanying each of our products to make sure that they are safe for you to use. It will be your sole responsibility to take proper precaution/ professional medical/ dermatological advice before using any of our personal care products that you may be allergic to. You agree that L’Occitane Website will not be responsible or liable for any product related issues including without limitation any allergic reactions to you on account of usage of our products. For any purchases made through the L’Occitane India Website, you will inter alia be governed by the limitation of liability and disclaimer conditions provided in more detail with the product packaging/leaflets.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any third party claim, action, or demand resulting from your use of L'Occitane India Online or breach of these Terms and Conditions. You also agree to indemnify us for any loss, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure.
With respect to any dispute regarding the website, all rights and obligations and all actions contemplated by these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of India and the courts of New Delhi, India, as if the Terms and Conditions were a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within New Delhi, India, subject to foreign legal mandatory provisions. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any dispute, differences or claim arising out your visit to the L’Occitane India website shall be referred to the sole Arbitrator appointed by the Managing Director of L’Occitane India Private Limited in accordance with the law. The venue of such arbitration shall be at New Delhi, India and the award of the Arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms and Conditions shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Terms and Conditions, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
To the extent arbitration is not permitted by applicable law, any dispute relating in any way to your visit to the website shall be submitted to an appropriate court or other judicial body in India, as applicable, without prejudice to the applicable law and all applicable provisions of this Section, and subject to our right to seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court, if you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
Collection of your personal information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are registering before entering a contest, ordering e-mail newsletters, joining a limited-access premium site or signing up for an event or training. Personal information collected by in.loccitane.com often is limited to e-mail address, address, name, age, gender, but may include other information when needed to provide a service you requested. in.loccitane.com also collects certain information about your computer hardware and software. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of in.loccitane.com. www.loccitane.co.in also collects information about which pages our customers visit within in.loccitane.com. This site visitation data is identified only by a unique ID number.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, in.loccitane.com will not share that information with third parties, other than for the limited exceptions if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on L'OCCITANE India Pvt Ltd or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of L'OCCITANE India Pvt Ltd.
Registering also allows you to tell us how or whether you want in.loccitane.com to communicate with you.
All rights reserved. Any text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this site are subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites. This site may also contain images that are allowed for use by L’OCCITANE but are subject to third party copyrights.
L’OCCITANE is in no way responsible for any off-website pages or any other websites linked to or from the site. L’OCCITANE disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of any of the information provided on such linked sites and any goods or services provided or purchased from such sites.
We do not endorse or control the user content transmitted or posted on the site. Thus, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of user content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any user content, including, without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any user content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of the use of any user content transmitted, uploaded, posted, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the site.
Written return and refund policy
- Products once sold are non-refundable.
- Replacements/exchanges will be taken on case-by-case basis following the replacement guidelines below.
- Replacements for the sold products will be catered to in cases where the items were received damaged / leaked during shipping or if there is a quality issue with the items delivered.
- The customers must reach out through contact us within 7 days of order delivery to apply for product replacement,
- Replacements will be given for the exact same products. No alternate product requests will be entertained by the brand.
- No exchange/replacement requests will be entertained for discounted / special sale items except in cases where the items were received damaged in transit.
- Damaged in transit refers to products that have leaked, or broken during transit to the point where their usability is hampered. Physical damage to the outer products is not covered in the product exchange/replacement policy, and requests of such will not be entertained.
- In the rare circumstance that your product is missing from your order, please report to customer service within 48h of delivery.
- L'OCCITANE India reserves the right of final decision if the product returned is in unsatisfactory condition, or the above terms are not met.
Out of Stock Items & Incorrectly priced items
- In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information, L'OCCITANE India shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that product, unless the product has already been dispatched.
- Items marked “out of stock” are not available for order.
- If your item is out of stock, we will contact you within 3 business days to discuss how you would like the order handled. L'OCCITANE does not accept back orders.
- We will issue a product exchange for any full priced unopened and undamaged merchandise that is returned within 7 calendar days of delivery date.
- All products to be exchanged must be accompanied by the original receipt.
- No product may be exchanged/refunded if the product is currently on sale, bought on discounted price, used,opened and/or damaged.
- Each item can only be exchanged once.
- No cash refunds.
- To return any items, please contact us here
- Postage will not be refunded.
- Please allow up to three weeks from the day you return your package for your request to be processed. You will be contacted once your return is completed.
- Placing an order: To review what is available to purchase simply browse the online product catalogue. When you have arrived at the item you wish to order, click on "Add To Bag" and then decide your requested quantity. When your order contains the item quantities you wish to purchase, please login to continue to the next step or register if it is the first time to make a purchase online. You will then be asked to provide us with your shipping and payment (credit card / Debit Card) information.
- All transactions at this online store are protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Secure Data Encryption using a 1024-bit process. All credit card payments are processed in real-time for your security and immediate peace of mind. For payment options we accept Credit Card and Debit Card (MasterCard™ and Visa™). This transaction will appear on your bank statement as a payment to L'OCCITANE India Private Ltd.
- Any information that you send to us is encoded with SSL encryption technology. This sophisticated encryption process ensures that prying eyes are unable to decode your personal data when it travels from your computer to ours, and from our computer to the bank's.You can tell whether your browser is in secure mode in the checkout by looking for the padlock icon in the bottom corner or at the end of the address bar of your browser window.
- Once you have paid via credit card or debit card your order will be immediately processed online. Once your credit card or debit card details are verified by HDFC payment gateway, we will pack your order and deliver it to you.
Forms of payment:
L'OCCITANE India Website is pleased to accept the following credit cards and debit card as forms of payment:
L'OCCITANE India Website is set up to take immediate orders online via credit card and debit card (MasterCard™ and Visa™). This transaction will appear on your bank statement as a payment to L’OCCITANE India Private Ltd.
- All prices on this site are processed in Indian Rupees.
- All orders are acknowledged at current pricing. We will bill at the price in effect at time of the payment confirmation.
- Pricing: Product prices listed are current; however they are subject to change without advance notice.
- Responsibility: We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time.